We are excited to announce new Osclass version, that is primarily focused on bug fixing and improvements of features brought in 8.1.0. (View changelog). Let’s review what has been updated in 8.1.2
Backoffice translations improvement
We’ve spent a lot of time to improve translation capabilities in backoffice, especially on share function. Now this function remove all irrelevant files for translation when shared, update index.php of file in archive to contain current Osclass information (version) to be more relevant.
Warning will also be shown, if you try to edit translation that require more input fields than you enabled in your PHP settings.
Share button was also renamed and repositioned. We encourage you to share your translations to help community, especially people in your country 😉
Language code in URL improvements
We’ve updated logic to stay on currently browsed page when you switching language and language code in URL is enabled. This brings better UX and less redirects and content search.
Another major fix is repaired bug that caused problems to plugins (plugin pages) and shifted paremeters in URL. Now plugins works ok with “language code in URL” feature.
You can also enable hreflang tags to be generated on all pages, so Google and other search engines can see page variants in different locales.
Besides these, we’ve updated conversion of Greek/Turkish characters to Latin in URLs.
Other noticable updates
There are much more improvements, not all are so important, but in overall they improve user experience when working with Osclass:
- It is possible to generate canonical URL tag on all pages now, even canonical and current page are identical
- Premium listings function is now cached in order to reduce database calls
- Auto-upgrade process improvements (related to current & new version identification that usually led to multiple clicks required to perform udpate)
- Required custom fields are now marked with start (*) in label
- jQuery UI library fixes (problem to order categories in backoffice). Backoffice now use different library version.
- PHPMailer debug improvements that helps to identify problems with PHP mailer
- Some pages are excluded by default in optimization, like item add/edit pages those require more fine configuration
- Besides regenerate images, you can also call only “refresh images” that re-iterrate images just with calling hooks, but not generate image itself.
- New hooks added
- New universal email variables (keywords) added
- Fixed recaptcha on login page.
- Cleanup of old code
Make sure to read full changelog, hope you enjoy these updates!