What are custom fields?
Custom fields allow you to create new fields for users to fill out when publishing a listing. It is especially useful when you require extra information of the listings, for example: number of bedrooms in real estate classifieds website, fuel type in car listings, number of vacancies for jobs, etc.
Add new custom fields
To create a new custom field, access Listings → Custom fields → Add new, and then edit the required information.
- Get the title for the field (it will appear on your website)
- Choose a type of the field you want to add (you can choose between text, dropdown list, etc.)
- If you want, you can make your custom field a required field by ticking a box below the type.
- Choose categories where you want the field to appear (you can choose all of them by clicking “check all”)
- You can also edit the identifier name in advanced options.
Your new custom field will appear when users publish a listing on the selected categories.
You can delete custom fields anytime, by clicking on Delete. Furthermore, since version 3.2, you can search filter listings according to the custom fields!
Want to see how easy is to create custom fields? Watch our video tutorial!